Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fame!

One of the perks of being a Very Famous Person (*snort!*) is that every once in a while, the mailman brings you a packet full of Awesomeness. 

Behold:


All the way from the library at Lincoln Heights Elementary School in Spokane, Washington come these amazing illustrations and letters about Peanut. Was I nearly as talented as they are? (Am I now?)

Reading through them, I am reminded of the incredible visit I enjoyed at Reilly Elementary in Austin, Texas back on Halloween of last year:


The kids there made me feel like a celebrity. (After all, this was for the "Reading Rock Stars" program run by the Texas Book Festival.) From the snacks waiting for me and fellow author Elizabeth Singer Hunt in the "green room" to the huge reproductions of images from my book (thanks to dedicated parents), I was given the full red-carpet treatment.


And one of the best parts of the trip was getting my copy of Peanut Goes to Reilly, an absolute masterpiece.


I will treasure it always, right next to the new letters from Lincoln Heights Elementary.

So it's on days like this (as opposed to, say, when I'm doing my taxes) that I realize I truly do have the best job in the whole world.

2 comments:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Miriam

    http://www.craigslistdecoded.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Miriam! Glad to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete