Thursday, March 19, 2009

At Last: Author Copies!

The DHL man finally successfully delivered the package I've been waiting weeks to get: my "author copies" of Hello My Name Is Bob!

(btw, I hate hate hate DHL--they have yet to deliver a package to me correctly in Sweden--but the man was nice enough.)

For a variety of reasons, it took me a bit longer than usual to get my copies of the book--and I'm so, so, so thrilled to have them in my grubby little hands. (I accidentally left my one advance copy of the book at my mom's house in November, so Swedish friends were starting to doubt the very existence of the book...) 


But they're here, and they're fabulous--if I do say so myself. I recently found out that The Bulletin of the Center of Children's Books agrees: they gave Bob a nice review in their March 2009 issue,* although they repeatedly called me "Salenas" instead of "Alsenas". 


*Sorry, they don't seem to post their reviews online, so I don't have a link.

1 comment:

  1. My birthday's coming up, and I'm a four-year-old at heart... hint-hint.

    ReplyDelete